Corporate Responsibility Magazine announced recently its 19th annual Best Corporate Citizens list.
The list recognizes the Top 100 environmental, social and governance performance of public companies throughout the United States.
Seven New Jersey companies were ranked on its list.
“CR Magazine is proud to present the only ESG ranking list that doesn’t rely on self-reporting,” said Dave Armon, publisher of CR Magazine. “Each year, the 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking measures the success of the Brands Taking Stands movement by celebrating the most successful, most transparent companies that report on their responsible practices. We congratulate those honored on this year’s list for their commitment to corporate responsibility.”
The New Jersey companies, their overall rank and other notables:
9. Johnson & Johnson (No. 1 in human rights rank, No. 3 in employee relations rank)
12. Campbell Soup Co. (No. 2 in employee relations rank)
22. Merck & Co. Inc. (No. 9 in human rights rank, No. 7 in employee relations rank)
30. Becton, Dickinson and Co. (No. 15 in human rights rank)
76. Wyndham Worldwide Corp.
78. Prudential Financial Inc. (No. 16 in philanthropy rank)
89. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp.
The rankings were compiled by data from public records and the Russell 1000 Companies.
“The 100 Best ranking demonstrates that a company is dedicating resources towards its corporate responsibility and sustainability efforts,” said Jen Boynton, editor of CR Magazine. “Public disclosure allows its stakeholders to gain greater insights into a company’s business practices.”
View the full list and methodology here.