KidGooRoo, a Fair Haven-based website for reviews of after-school activities, swept the top honors at TechLaunch’s ninth BullPen event, held earlier this week at Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Florham campus.
KidGooRoo won both the Panel Award for Most Fundable and the Audience Favorite honor at the most recent pitch competition for tech companies, run by the Kinnelon-based TechLaunch and co-hosted by the Morris Tech Meetup. The company will receive more than $20,000 worth of services as a result of its panel victory, TechLaunch said in a news release.
The company describes itself as “Yelp for kids’ extracurricular activities,” enabling parents to review and read reviews of real-life after-school options.
Other companies that participated were:
- FokisOn, which offers an interactive activity to boost collaboration;
- Park with Me, a parking space rental business led by FDU students.
- Zeblok, a bioinformatics “smart gait” product designer.
“I’m heartened to see so many early-stage entrepreneurs bringing such a wealth of talent to the table,” TechLaunch founder Mario Casabona said in a prepared statement. “And the dynamic mingling between seasoned professionals and those who aspire to the same levels of success leaves me confident that we’re really onto something special here in New Jersey with BullPen.”
KidGooRoo and its co-founder and CEO, Alex Skove, will receive expert services from sponsors including:
- Casabona Ventures, an investor and advisory firm.
- Gearhart Law, a firm specializing in patent, trademark and copyright law;
- Gibbons P.C., a full-service business law firm;
- ND4 Advisory, which offers financial advisory and consulting services;
- Withum, a full-service accounting firm;