Humana Inc., a health and well-being company in Jersey City, announced Thursday it is expanding its health plan choices for Medicare beneficiaries in New Jersey.
Residents of six New Jersey counties will be able to select Humana Medicare Advantage plans for 2019 during this year’s Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Plan Annual Election Period.
During the AEP, which runs from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7, Medicare beneficiaries in Bergen, Hudson, Morris, Burlington, Camden and Gloucester counties can enroll in a Humana Choice Preferred Provider Organization Medicare Advantage plan. Coverage will take effect Jan. 1, 2019.
The plan includes:
- Zero to low-monthly premium payments;
- Low co-payments;
- Free coverage for most annual screenings;
- a broad network of physicians, specialists and hospitals;
- Emergency care anywhere in the world;
- A 24-hour nurse advise hotline;
- Go365, a wellness and rewards program;
- Humana Well Dine, which provides nutritious meals to eligible members recovering from an inpatient stay;
“We’re excited to offer New Jerseyans a brand-new option in Medicare Advantage coverage,” Rich Vollmer, Humana senior vice president and Medicare north division leader, said. “With more than 30 years of Medicare experience, Humana is committed to the well-being of the communities we serve. We look forward to helping our new members in New Jersey achieve better health.”
Some of the Humana PPO Medicare Advantage plans will include hearing, dental and vision, as well as over-the-counter allowances.