The company said Medicare-eligible patients residing in Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Camden, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset and Union counties will have at least one new Amerigroup plan available to choose from.
The 2019 plans are open to enroll in during this year’s Medicare annual election period, which began Oct. 15 and ends Dec. 7.
“Amerigroup strives to develop innovative solutions that aim to make it simpler for consumers to lead healthier lives,” Tomas Orozco, president of the company’s East Medicare region, said. “We are excited to expand the reach of our Medicare Advantage plans and enhance our services in 2019 so that more individuals are able to receive healthcare services from care providers in their community.”
Eligible individuals can enroll in the following 2019 Medicare Advantage health plans:
- Amerivantage Balance (HMO);
- Amerivantage Classic (HMO);
- Amerivantage Dual Coordination (HMO SNP);
- Amerivantage ESRD (HMO-POS SNP).
Amerigroup said many of its plans have $0 monthly premiums and a variety of other benefits, including:
- $0 copay for two dental exams and cleanings per year;
- $0 copay annual eye exam;
- Up to $2,000 hearing aid benefit;
- Up to 52 one-way trips to pharmacy and medical visits within 60 miles;
- Up to $135 monthly allowance for over-the-counter medications and health products;
- LiveHealth Online, a service that provides access to medical professionals through the computer or mobile device;
- Membership to SilverSneakers;
- Mail order 90-day supply of prescription medicines for two 30-day copays;
- Coverage for erectile dysfunction drugs on Amerivantage Balance and Amerivantage Classic plans;
- Medicare Community Resource Support, which is a telephone based program used to identify needs, leverage resources and coordinate services.
The health plan provider also said it will be providing individuals an addition health plan benefit offered in its Everyday Extras package, a new program for 2019.
“Individuals eligible for Medicare have a number of health insurance choices so it’s important that Amerigroup offers Medicare Advantage plans that deliver the healthcare experience and value consumers are seeking in their health plan. Our portfolio of programs will allow aging seniors to receive services they need to address their specific needs,” Orozco said.