Forty-three New Jersey companies have been named a winner by 2020 Women on Boards for having women make up at least 20% of its board of directors.
Winning “W” Companies are cited in 2020WOB’s annual Gender Diversity Index, which tracks the gender composition of corporate board of director seats held by women among the Russell 3000 Index. In 2018, the percentage of board seats held by women was 17.7%, up from 16% in 2017. Still, half of the companies in the Russell 3000 have one or no women on their boards.
Out of a total of 1,353 winning companies, 43 New Jersey-based businesses made the list.
They are (in alphabetical order):
- Advansix Inc., Parsippany, 29% women on board;
- Allergan Plc, Madison, 25%;
- American Water Works Company Inc., Voorhees, 50%;
- Ascena Retail Group Inc., Mahwah, 50%;
- Automatic Data Processing Inc., Roseland, 20%;
- B&G Foods Inc., Parsippany, 22%;
- Becton Dickinson & Co., Franklin Lakes, 31%;
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc., Union, 25%;
- Burlington Stores Inc., Burlington, 25%;
- Cantel Medical Corp., Little Falls, 20%;
- Celgene Corp., Summit, 25%;
- Cherry Hill Mortgage Investment Corp., Farmingdale, 25%;
- Children’s Place Inc., Secaucus, 33%;
- Church & Dwight, Princeton, 20%;
- CIT Group Inc., Livingston, 33%;
- Conduent Inc., Florham Park, 22%;
- Covanta Holding Corp., Morristown, 27%;
- Eros International Plc, Secaucus, 25%;
- Honeywell International Inc., Morris Plains, 25%;
- Innophos Holdings Inc., Cranbury, 43%;
- John Wiley & Sons Inc., Hoboken, 23%;
- Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, 27%;
- Lakeland Bancorp Inc., Oak Ridge, 20%;
- Merck & Co., Kenilworth, 23%;
- Middlesex Water Co., Iselin, 29%;
- New Jersey Resources Corp., Woodbridge, 27%;
- Newell Brands, Hoboken, 22%;
- Northfield Bancorp Inc., 20%;
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals Inc., Parsippany, 22%;
- pdvWireless Inc., Woodland Park, 25%;
- Peapack Gladstone Financial Corp., Bedminster, 23%;
- Phibro Animal Health, Teaneck, 25%;
- Pinnacle Foods Inc., Parsippany, 25%;
- Prudential Financial, Newark, 25%;
- Quest Diagnostics, Secaucus, 40%;
- Realogy, Madison, 38%;
- South Jersey Industries, Folsom, 30%;
- Tabula Rasa HealthCare, Moorestown, 29%;
- Universal Display Corp., Ewing, 25%.
- Valley National Bancorp., Wayne, 21%;
- Verisk Analytics, Jersey City, 25%;
- Vitamin Shoppe, Secaucus, 20%;
- Wyndham Destinations, Parsippany, 38%.
“We are honored to receive such an important designation and support 2020WOB’s mission of advancing women in the workplace,” Charles Diker, chairman of Cantel Medical Corp.’s board, said. “Diversity and inclusion remain core tenets of our business and this recognition reflects the progress we have made to advance our vision for an equitable, inclusive culture.”
2020WOB is a national campaign to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards to 20% or greater by 2020.