Linda Wellbrock knows the numbers.
While 41 percent of the early-stage professionals the marketing and media space are women, only 25 percent of those make their way to the top.
It’s just one of the reasons why Wellbrock, the founder and CEO of Leading Women Entrepreneurs, is recognizing 25 for being the best in class for brand-building.
The luncheon event will take place at 11 a.m. Friday at Fiddler’s Elbow in Bedminster.
“These women are experts in developing, designing and achieving success with some of the most successful brands in the state and the country,” Wellbrock said.
“The honorees are amazing role models representative of the increasing impact women are making in the world of business.”
Wellbrock said this group of women can help change another statistical issue in the state: women reaching the top.
According to LWE, only 3 percent of women-owned businesses make it to the million-dollar mark and fewer than 3 percent of women executives make it to the C-suite.
The keynote will be from a woman who beat the odds: Judith Spires, the chairman and CEO of Kings Food Markets.
Here are the 25 brand-builders who will be honored:
- Kari Abrahamson, McCarter & English
- Kim Alvarez, NJ Advance Media
- Elizabeth Barry, Elizabeth Barry Consulting
- Linda Cutler, Empire Valuation Consultants
- Kim De Rienzo, Tailored Image
- Jill Draper, Marketsmith
- Rachel Durkan, Paradigm Marketing and Design
- Veronica Fielding, Digital Brand Expressions
- Susan Frech, Social Media Link
- Meg Fry, NJBIZ
- Tara Gilvar, Believe Inspire Grow – B.I.G.
- Pam Golden, GLA Communications
- Marcia Jeffers, Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
- Carrie Kane, CI-Group
- Jessica Levin, Seven Degrees Communications
- Victoria Llerena, Social Vibes Media
- Kitta MacPherson, Rutgers
- Joan McGeough, The DAK Group
- Noreen McNicholas, Affinity Health Plan
- Katherine O’Hara, The O’Hara Project
- Jeanne Rice, Rice + Associates PR Inc.
- Sheila Robinson-Kiss, SRK Consulting and Educational Services
- Marlene Waldock, 1st Impression Communications LLC
- Sharon Waters, Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship, Montclair State
- Nancy Witt, Sweetwater Construction Corp.
To register for the event, click here.
Wellbrock founded LWE to highlight the obstacles women have in the workplace and celebrate those who overcome them.
“It’s true that women have more external challenges to overcome than their male counterparts,” she said. “Regardless of gender, the to-do list will always continue to grow longer, resulting in an overwhelming, constant grind, and the feeling that one’s goals are increasingly out of reach.
“The Top 25 recognition events are a platform for showcasing leaders who excel in innovation and advocacy and who made it to the top, regardless of the challenges.”
The event is just one of three that Wellbrock and LWE will host this fall.
The Top 25 Intrapreneurs will be honored Oct. 16; the Top 25 Entrepreneurs will honored Nov. 13.
For more information, go to the Leading Women Entrepreneurs website. www.lweworld.com.