The former Bell Labs building, now redeveloped as a “metroburb,” will host the shops on the ground floor of its quarter-mile atrium, which serves as a pedestrian street for the building.
“Every day, new life is injected into Bell Works, whether it be from a company opening the doors to its new office or an event bringing new visitors to this historic building,” Somerset Development President Ralph Zucker said in a prepared statement. “But the continued growth of Bell Works’ retail scene will add an entirely new dimension to our metroburb. In short time, workers and members of the public alike will be able to walk along our pedestrian street and access nearly anything that exists in an exciting urban downtown, all in a great suburban location.”
The new tenants will be:
- Alchemist Jewelers, a custom jewelry designer and maker;
- Bell Market, a food hall featuring fine food and wine, led by Chef Richard J. Corbo and sommelier Chantelle Corbo;
- Booskerdoo, a micro-roaster of coffees and a bakery, which recently opened its full storefront;
- Holmdel Florist, a gourmet food and floral gift store;
- Hummus & Pita, a New York City-based Middle Eastern and Mediterranean restaurant;
- Salon Concrete, a new location of a Red Bank-based hair and beauty salon;
- @ Your Convenience, a market for everyday items such as snacks and newspapers.
Colliers International was the exclusive retail broker for the leases. Now, a Sabre Real Estate Group team made up of Justin Korinis, Dina Santarelli and Sean Pyle, serves as exclusive real estate leasing agent for Bell Works.
“Bell Works is now home to thousands of office workers each and every day, and that sense of vibrancy is beginning to take hold on its pedestrian street,” Korinis said in a statement. “Within the next few months, nearly 50,000 square feet of retail space will be open to the public.”
Somerset Development said more than 75 percent of Bell Works’ 1 million square feet of office space has been leased to-date. A rooftop hotel has been approved by local officials, as well.