Livingston-based Briad Lodging Group, a hospitality company, announced it recently broke ground on the AC Hotel by Marriot in Bridgewater, with an attached 5,800-square-foot Zinburger Wine & Burger Bar.
The company said it is having continued growth with multiple hotel openings in New Jersey and the tri-state area, including two last year and one this year.
Briad also plans to open three hotels this year, it said.
The hotels are as follows:
- Dover, TownPlace Suites by Marriot, 102 suites (opened March 2017);
- Cranbury, TownPlace Suites by Marriot, 116 suites (opened June 2017);
- Long Island Islip, Courtyard by Marriot, 125 rooms (opened January 2018);
- Branchburg, TownPlace Suites by Marriot, 111 rooms (Q4 2018);
- Poughkeepsie, New York, Homewood Suites by Hilton, 113 rooms (Q4 2018);
- Lawrenceville, Hilton Garden Inn, 107 rooms (Q4 2018);
- Bridgewater, AC Hotel by Marriot, 150 rooms (Q3 2019).
“With a long track record in hotel development, ownership and management, we believe we have a competitive edge in the hotel real estate niche market, primarily in the Tri-State area. We will keep our focus on premium-branded hotels under such flags as Marriott and Hilton,” said Brad Honigfeld, founder, chairman and co-CEO, The Briad Group. “We’ll continue to find great development opportunities in underserved markets. Having our own construction affiliate, we are able to build cost effectively and make difficult projects financially feasible.”
Briad said it plans to develop, open and operate three to four hotels per year over the next several years.
Briad was formed in 1997, when Briad became a Marriott franchisee. Later on it added Hilton to its portfolio. Since obtaining franchise rights to those companies, Briad has developed more than $700 million in hotel real estate. It has also developed, operated and managed 35 properties and built over 4,000 hotel rooms in the tri-state area.