Six New Jersey bank’s made it onto American Banker magazine’s list of the Top 200 Publicly Traded Community Banks.
The magazine includes institutions that had total assets of less than $2 billion as of Dec. 31, 2017 and are publicly traded. Nationally, 633 institutions fit the category.
The ranking is based on three-year average return on equity, a measure of profitability that calculates how many dollars of profit a company generates with each dollar of shareholders’ equity. The average ROE of all 633 institutions was 6.74 percent.
The six New Jersey companies on the list, their rank and ROE:
7. First Commerce Bank (Lakewood), ROE: 15.28;
19. Unity Bancorp (Clinton), ROE: 13.24;
38. Marlin Business Services (Mount Laurel), ROE: 12.01;
42. Parke Bancorp (Sewell), ROE: 11.83;
59. Bank of Princeton (Princeton), ROE: 11.1;
76. Capital Bank of New Jersey (Vineland), ROE: 10.71.
To see the full list, click here.