Fifteen of New Jersey’s arts organizations were awarded grants totaling more than $1.3 million to expand arts and culture programs in the state.
“New Jersey’s stellar arts organizations are central to every element we value most in a modern society. They are committed in their efforts to increase visitation and generate visitor revenues throughout the Garden State and deserve to be recognized,” said Secretary of State Tahesha Way. “We are extremely grateful for the National Endowment for the Art’s continued support and celebration of these exceptional organizations.”
The National Endowment for the Arts Grant was awarded to the following organizations:
- Auricle Communications (Free Music Archive), $20,000;
- coLAB Arts Inc., $50,000;
- Institute of Music for Children Inc., $20,000;
- McCarter Theater Co., $30,000;
- Music For All Seasons Inc., $20,000;
- New Jersey Arts Education Partnership, $100,000;
- New Jersey State Council on the Arts, $892,500;
- Newark Arts Council (Newark Arts), $84,000;
- Paper Mill Playhouse, $40,000;
- People and Stories Gente y Cuentos Inc., $20,000;
- Perkins Center for the Arts, $15,000;
- Sharron’s Miller’s Academy for the Performing Arts Inc. (SMAPA), $20,000;
- Two River Theater Co., $15,000;
- Visual Arts Center of New Jersey, $20,000;
- William Paterson College of New Jersey, $10,000.
“The Council is extremely grateful for the continued support of the National Endowment for the Arts. This funding helps ensure that we are able to support artists, organizations, and communities throughout New Jersey,” said New Jersey State Council Chair Elizabeth Mattson.
“The impact of this investment cannot be understated. The arts are connecting communities in invaluable ways, and the NEA is a crucial partner in this work.”