Elkins will join Summit-based Celgene on July 1 and assume the CFO post on August 1, while Kellogg will become EVP and chief corporate strategy officer until his mid-2019 retirement.
“The addition of David as our new chief financial officer strengthens and expands our leadership team and positions us to capitalize on our significant opportunities through 2020 and beyond,” Chairman and CEO Mark J. Alles said in a prepared statement. “Our business performance will be further enhanced by Peter’s continued strategic insight and David’s extensive industry experience leading global finance teams.”
Elkins has more than 25 years of finance and operations experience, most recently as worldwide VP and CFO for J&J’s consumer products, medical devices and corporate functions. He has also served as CFO of Round Rock Research and Becton, Dickinson & Co., among other finance roles.
Kellogg has been with Celgene since August 2014. Both he and Elkins will report to Alles and serve on the company’s executive committee.
Read more from ROI-NJ:
- Celgene appoints SVP of global regulatory affairs
- Hugin retires at Celgene; is Senate run next?
- Cranbury pharma firm names ex-Celgene exec its COO, CFO
- Immunomedics names ex-Celgene exec its new CEO
- Eisai hires Celgene exec as SVP for Americas Commercial oncology unit