Deloitte released its annual rankings of the 500 fastest-growing technology companies in the United States and Canada, and 14 New Jersey businesses made the cut with three in the Top 100.
The San Francisco-based company, which has a large presence in the Garden State, released its Technology Fast 500 rankings Thursday. The rankings cover the technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy technology sectors.
Madison, Wisconsin-based SwanLeap, a transportation consulting and technology firm, was ranked No. 1 on the list due to its growth rate of 77,260 percent over three years.
The New Jersey companies among the Top 500 were:
25. Momentum Solar, South Plainfield, 4,677 percent growth;
47. Amicus Therapeutics Inc., Cranbury, 2,917 percent;
60. Azure Knowledge Corp., Piscataway, 2,534 percent;
109. Eagle Pharmaceuticals Inc., Woodcliff Lake, 1,139 percent;
115. Advaxis Inc., Princeton, 1,103 percent;
124. Vydia, Holmdel, 916 percent;
155. PTC Therapeutics, South Plainfield, 670 percent;
289. ADMA Biologics, Ramsey, 285 percent;
304. CytoSorbents Corp., Monmouth Junction, 267 percent;
319. Celldex Therapeutics Inc., Hampton, 255 percent;
398. Axtria Inc., Berkeley Heights, 197 percent;
417. Cancer Genetics, Rutherford, 186 percent;
453. ORBCOMM, Rochelle Park, 164 percent;
492. Sooryen Technologies Inc., Oradell, 146 percent.
To be a part of the Fast 500, companies were selected based on percentage fiscal-year revenue growth from 2014 to 2017. Growth of all the companies on the list ranged from 143 percent to 77,000-plus percent.
“Congratulations to the Deloitte 2018 Technology Fast 500 winners on this impressive achievement. These companies are innovators who have converted their disruptive ideas into products, services and experiences that can captivate new customers and drive remarkable growth,” said Sandra Shirai, vice chairman at Deloitte and U.S. technology, media and telecommunications leader.
The Top 5 companies on the list were:
- SwanLeap, Wisconsin, 77,260 percent growth;
- Justworks, New York, 27,150 percent;
- Shape Security, California, 23,576 percent;
- Periscope Data, California, 23,227 percent;
- Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals Inc., California, 17,847 percent.
There were 117 companies on the list that had a growth rate higher than 1,000 percent, five of them came from New Jersey.
Among the Top 20 companies, 69 percent were private (14) and 31 percent were public (6) companies.
Among sectors, software was the fastest-growing for the 23rd consecutive year, with 64 percent of the companies (320) on the list from that industry. Digital content/media/entertainment was second with 12 percent of the list, and biotechnology/pharmaceutical was third with 11 percent of the list.