The U.S. Small Business Administration is searching for its 2019 New Jersey Small Business Person of the Year, it announced Thursday.
“Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy,” Al Titone, SBA New Jersey district director, said. “We are looking for the best and brightest small business owners, who have utilized and benefited from SBA programs and services around New Jersey, to submit their Small Business Week 2019 award nominations to the SBA.”
Titone said the SBA Awards are given out in celebration of National Small Business Week, which runs May 5-11, 2019. The winner of the New Jersey Small Business Person of the Year award will be invited to Washington, D.C., where they will compete for the title of National Small Business Person of the Year.
The agency said it is currently accepting nominations for all of its National Small Business Week Awards, including:
- Small Business Person of the Year
- One from each state, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
- Exporter of the Year
- Phoenix Awards for Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Public Official
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery, Volunteer
- Federal Procurement Awards
- Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year
- Small Business Subcontractor of the Year
- Dwight D. Eisenhower Awards for Excellence
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year
- Awards to SBA Resource Partners
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Center Award
- Women’s Business Center of Excellence Award
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award