East Rutherford-based Hudson Group, a travel retail company, announced it has been awarded four retail packages at Salt Lake City International Airport.
The eight-year contract includes 13 stores and will expand Hudson Group’s presence at the airport by 6,000 square feet.
“Our team went through an extensive selection process to get the right combination of local, regional and national brands for those traveling through SLC,” Bill Wyatt, executive director, Salt Lake City Department of Airports, said. “We are thrilled with the outcome and I think our passengers will be excited with the combination of dynamic shops opening in 2020.”
“Salt Lake City International Airport is a major North American travel hub, and with the United States Olympic Committee’s nomination of Salt Lake City for the 2030 Olympics, our formal recommendation couldn’t come at a greater time,” Joseph DiDomizio, CEO and president of Hudson Group, said. “We are pleased to partner with Salt Lake City Department of Airports to increase our current footprint, and we’re proud to offer our Utah customers with a customized portfolio of popular local brands, complemented by highly-recognized national and international concepts.”
Hudson Group’s new local store concepts for Salt Lake City include:
- Hudson, a travel essentials and convenience store;
- Land Speed Depot by Hudson, a travel essentials and convenience store;
- Central Pointe Market, a transportation-inspired travel essentials and convenience store;
- Salt Lake Tribune, a travel essentials and convenience store;
- Coach, a lifestyle brand;
- Dufry Duty Free, a cosmetics and fragrance, fashion accessories and confections store;
- Frye; a leather goods company;
- M∙A∙C, a beauty brand;
- Something Silver, an artisan jewelry store;
- Tech on the Go, a technology store;
- Tumi, a lifestyle brand;
- Utah!, a specialty discovery store all about Utah.