B&G Foods Inc. has announced a number of executive appointments, as well as a retirement, even as it transitions overall leadership from CEO and President Robert C. Cantwell to Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Kenneth G. Romanzi.
The new appointments, all effective March 11, include:
- Erich A. Fritz, EVP and chief supply chain officer;
- Jordan E. Greenberg, EVP and chief commercial officer; and
- Ellen M. Schum, EVP and chief customer officer.
In addition, Parsippany-based B&G announced Vanessa E. Maskal, EVP of sales and marketing, will retire April 5.
Romanzi, who takes over as CEO on April 6, said of the new leaders:
- Fritz: “I am delighted that Erich Fritz has agreed to join B&G Foods as our chief supply officer. Erich is an industry veteran and a proven leader. In his role as chief supply chain officer, Erich will be responsible for our end-to-end supply chain, from procurement to delivery to our customers.”
- Greenberg: “Since our acquisition of Green Giant in late 2015, Jordan Greenberg and his team have done a tremendous job reawakening the iconic Green Giant through on-trend, ‘better-for-you’ innovation and excellent brand marketing. … As chief commercial officer, Jordan will be responsible for marketing, strategic and annual planning, and delivery of the overall P&L for the company.”
- Schum: “Ellen has been a successful food industry sales leader for many years. I believe she is an excellent choice to lead B&G Foods’ sales and customer service teams and continue to build on the successful customer relationships Vanessa and her team have built over the years. … As chief customer officer, Ellen will be responsible for all sales and trade marketing, and be the key customer liaison for the company.”
Fritz had most recently been vice president of research & development with Ocean Spray. Greenberg joined B&G in 1999 and was most recently VP and general manager for Green Giant. Schum joined B&G in July as VP of U.S. retail sales, coming from Schuman Cheese, where she was chief operating officer.