Looking ahead to possible 2020 Democratic presidential contenders, former Vice President Joe Biden is in the lead among New York State voters.
Biden showed a 62 – 24 percent favorability rating, higher than any other Democrat, including U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, who has a 31 – 28 percent favorability rating, according to a new Quinnipiac University Poll released Thursday.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has the worst net score among any Democrat with a negative 24 – 49 favorability rating. Following behind de Blasio is President Donald Trump, with a negative 28 – 67 percent favorability rating.
“It’s no surprise in blue New York that Democrats are eager to send President Donald Trump packing in 2020,” Mary Snow, polling analyst for the Quinnipiac University Poll, said.
“But New Yorkers aren’t cutting any slack to their own elected officials looking to replace him. As Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand makes her presidential bid official, her net favorability score is her worst ever.”
Here are the rest of the favorability ratings in New York state for leading Democrats:
- 51 – 28 percent for U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders;
- 21 – 22 percent for former U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke;
- 27 – 25 percent for U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris;
- Negative 31 – 38 percent for U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren;
- Negative 29 – 35 percent for U.S. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand;
- 42 – 45 percent for Gov. Andrew Cuomo;
- Negative 31 – 38 percent for U.S. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
The poll surveyed 1,216 New York state voters from March 13 to 18 with a margin of error of +/- 3.8 percentage points.