RWJBarnabas Health announced Tuesday it has appointed a new chair, vice chair and founding chair as well as three new trustees to its corporate board, all effective immediately.
Each new member will serve three-year terms with the opportunity for two more terms.
RWJBarnabas said this is its second corporate board since it became a unified health system in 2016.
The new members are as follows:
- Marc E. Berson, chair, current chairman of Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of New Jersey, Fidelco Group and The Fidelco Realty Group;
- Lester Owens, vice chair, current senior executive vice president and head of operations for BNY Mellon and long-time trustee of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital;
- Jack Morris, founding chair, current chairman of RWJUH and board member of RWJUH Foundation;
- Wilfredo Caraballo, corporate board trustee, currently practices law with Gaccione Pomaco and is president of the Hispanic National Bar Association;
- Robert L. Johnson, corporate board trustee, currently dean of Rutgers New Jersey Medical School and interim deal at RWJ Medical School;
- Celeste Warren, corporate board trustee, currently vice president of human resources, global diversity and the Inclusion Center of Excellence at Merck.
Leaving the corporate board include Albert R. Gamper Jr., Brian P. Leddy, Gary Lotano and Brenton L. Saunders.