The Statewide Hispanic Chamber of Commerce on Monday released the date of its Annual Winter Gala.
The gala, which will be held on Saturday, Dec. 7, at Hudson House in Jersey City, will begin with a cocktail reception followed by an awards presentation.
“It has been an amazing year of many milestones for our chamber, and we are excited to celebrate with all who contributed to our familia’s success,” Luis De La Hoz, chairman, SHCCNJ, said.
At the gala, the chamber will honor five Latinos and Latinas for their work within the community. They include:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Judge Jose Linares, partner at McCarter & English;
- President’s Award: Juan Gutierrez, chairman of JAG Companies Inc.;
- Rising Star of the Year Award: Lilia Rios, co-founder of La Providencia;
- Latina Trailblazer of the Year Award: Katiria Soto, co-anchor for Noticias Univision 41;
- Special Guest Recognition: Ramiro Cavazos, CEO and president of USHCC.
“The SHCCNJ presents these prestigious awards each year to extraordinary and visionary persons, as well as corporate and government advocates,” Medina said. “The awards are based on those who have contributed to and who have demonstrated exemplary excellence and leadership in their professions,” Carlos Medina, CEO and president, SHCCNJ.