Fortune said it worked with Korn Ferry to poll about 3,800 businesspeople to find which companies had top corporate reputations. Respondents were asked to rate companies in their own industry on nine criteria, including investment value and social responsibility.
New Brunswick-based Johnson & Johnson was ranked No. 26 overall as well as coming in first the pharmaceutical industry category.
Merck, based in Kenilworth, was ranked No. 49 overall and No. 2 in the pharmaceutical industry category.
Here are the rest of the companies on the list from New Jersey and their rankings:
- ADP, No. 1 in the Financial Data Services industry category;
- Cognizant Technology Solutions, No. 5 in the IT Services industry category;
- Honeywell International, No. 2 in the Electronics industry category;
- Quest Diagnostics, No. 3 in the Health Care: Pharmacy and Other Services industry category;
- Prudential Financial, No. 1 in the Insurance: Life and Health industry category.
“We are extremely proud to see our organization once again be recognized among the most admired companies in the world,” Carlos Rodriguez, CEO and president of ADP, said. “At ADP, we are always designing for people. With the world of work changing at such a rapid pace, we are continuously innovating to provide our associates and clients the tools they need to reach their full potential. We are honored to have the opportunity to help build a better world of work for everyone.”