Forbes announced its third annual America’s Best Employers for Diversity list, and 24 New Jersey companies earned a place in the Top 500.
New Brunswick-based Johnson & Johnson was the highest-ranked New Jersey company on the list at No. 28.
Forbes partnered with market research firm Statista to determine the rankings by surveying 60,000 Americans working for business with at least 1,000 workers. The study focused on a variety of diversity dimensions as well as an index of objective and publicly available KPIs.
The top 24 New Jersey companies, including their ranking and location, as are follows:
28. Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick;
35. Century 21 Real Estate, Madison;
50. PSEG, Newark;
67. SHI International, Somerset;
86. Educational Testing Services, Princeton;
113. Unilever, Englewood Cliffs;
137. Rutgers University, New Brunswick;
166. Verizon Communications, Basking Ridge;
191. Realogy, Madison;
202. TD Bank, Cherry Hill;
226. Ascena Retail Group, Mahwah;
254. Gucci, Secaucus;
278. Depository Trust & Clearing Corp., Jersey City;
304. Bristol-Myers Squibb, Lawrence Township;
338. Novartis, East Hanover;
402. Coldwell Banker, Madison;
418. Becton Dickinson, Franklin Lakes;
423. Quest Diagnostics, Secaucus;
425. Celgene, Summit;
440. Automatic Data Processing, Roseland;
468. BASF, Florham Park;
471. Spirit Halloween, Egg Harbor Township;
473. Merck & Co., Kenilworth;
494. Samsung Electronics, Ridgefield Park.
Realogy’s CEO and President, Ryan Schneider, commented on his company rankings: “This honor is really a testament to Realogy’s employees—both the outstanding talent we have in our company and the great environment they’ve created. Diversity is core to the success of our business, as well as to the success of our affiliated agents and franchisees, so it is critically important that we lead by example and show all employees, affiliated agents, owners and customers that we welcome, respect and value them.”