OnlineCollegePlan has released its latest ranking of online master’s degrees in project management, and one New Jersey school made it into the top.
“Today, project management is at the heart of a wide variety of fields. And chances are, if there’s a high stakes project that involves technical know-how, advanced research, or multidisciplinary teams, that there’s a project manager running the show,” OPC said on Tuesday.
The list of 30 schools was determined by a ranking system broken down into three categories:
- Academic Quality (33.33%): a range of metrics including admissions selectivity, whether or not a program is PMI GAC accredited and the research profile of the parent university.
- Support Measures (33.3%): support services, range of events and elements of flexibility – such as accelerated and asynchronous courses.
- Return on Investment (33.3%): cost-related metrics including overall cost, cost per credit hour and if in-state and out-of-state tuition is available.
Hoboken-based Stevens Institute of Technology was ranked No. 28 on the list for strong showings in metrics including diverse delivery modes, academic quality, range of concentrations for students to choose from and nationally known name, OCP said. Students can complete the program in person or online as well as specialized corporate formats. Concentrations include general management, software engineering and construction management. Additionally, the program offers a PMI GAC accreditation for continuing education credits or to sit for the PMP exam.
Here are The 30 Best Online Masters Degrees in Project Management:
- Colorado State University (Fort Collins, Colorado)
- Bellevue University (Bellevue, New Hampshire)
- The College of St. Scholastica (Duluth, Minnesota)
- Granite State College (Concord, New Hampshire)
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota (Winona, Minnesota)
- Lasell University (Auburndale, Massachusetts)
- Liberty University (Lynchburg, Virginia)
- Sam Houston State University (Huntsville, Texas)
- New England College (Henniker, New Hampshire)
- University of Wisconsin – Platteville (Platteville, Wisconsin)
- University of Maryland (College Park, Maryland)
- Florida Institute of Technology (Melbourne, Florida)
- University of Denver (Denver, Colorado)
- City University of Seattle (Seattle, Washington)
- University of Mary (Bismarck, North Dakota)
- Southern New Hampshire University (Manchester, New Hampshire)
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (Daytona Beach, Florida)
- Western Carolina University (Cullowhee, North Carolina)
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, Indiana)
- Harrisburg University of Science and Technology (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)
- University of Texas at Dallas (Richardson, Texas)
- Northeastern University (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Pennsylvania State University (State College, Pennsylvania)
- Brandeis University (Waltham, Massachusetts)
- Regis University (Denver, Colorado)
- Georgetown University (Washington, D.C.)
- Drexel University (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Stevens Institute of Technology (Hoboken, New Jersey)
- Boston University (Boston, Massachusetts)
- American University (Washington, D.C.)