The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants announced on Monday it has named Alan D. Sobel, managing member of Livingston-based SobelCo LLC, its president for the 2020-2021 term.
The Roseland-based association said Sobel is replacing Kyle M. Sell, audit partner at Deloitte & Touche LLP in Parsippany.
In this role, Sobel will be responsible for helping member CPAs make themselves heard in the business community and the legislature.
“New Jersey can benefit greatly by the collective wisdom, ideas and intellect of our CPA community. CPAs work tirelessly to ensure all kinds of businesses receive fair tax and economic advantages,” Sobel said.
“Alan’s leadership was always noted at the NJCPA, but this past year we were thrilled to witness his accomplishments at the state level. In developing the pass-through entity legislation, Alan showed how commitment and drive can overcome many obstacles. He has encouraged many CPAs to follow in his footsteps,” Ralph Albert Thomas, CEO and executive director at the NJCPA, said.
Sobel has been a member of the NJCPA since 1987, previously serving as the vice president, trustee and chairman of the audit committee and past president of the Essex chapter.
Here are the 2020/21 NJCPA board of trustees:
- President: Alan D. Sobel, CPA, CGMA — SobelCo LLC
- President-Elect: Harry P. Wills III, CPA — Bowman & Co. LLP
- Secretary: Jordan D. Amin, CPA, MST — EisnerAmper LLP
- Treasurer: Carol Donatiello Iocca, CPA, CGMA — WilkinGuttenplan
- Immediate Past President: Kyle M. Sell, CPA, MBA — Deloitte & Touche LLP
- CEO & Executive Director: Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA — NJCPA
- Dennis Bartlett, CPA — Cullari Carrico LLC
- Michael J. Coletti, CPA — Mazars USA LLP
- Isabel Del Corral, CPA — McIntee Fusaro Del Corral LLC
- Joanne Geylin, CPA — EisnerAmper LLP
- Jesse M. Herschbein, CPA — Prager Metis CPAs LLC
- Noorus Khan, CPA — Smolin, Lupin & Co. P.A.
- Jason Lauretta, CPA — ADP
- Justin D. O’Horo, CPA — Withum
- Kathleen F. Powers, CPA — Matheny Medical and Educational Center
- Michael A. Stillitano, CPA — Hapag-Lloyd
- Christopher Stoop, CPA — EisnerAmper LLP
- June Toth, CPA — ZBT Certified Public Accounting & Consulting LLC