Since most of you are not in your offices due to the outbreak of COVID-19, the June 1 print edition of ROI-NJ is being delivered electronically, so you can either scroll through the pages below or click the links that follow to see our coverage as it appears digitally. Thanks for your continued support of ROI-NJ and our advertisers. — Tom Hughes and Tom Bergeron, ROI-NJ
Read the June 15, 2020, issue of ROI-NJ by clicking on the preview and links below. And to subscribe to our print edition or our other products, click here.
The June 15, 2020, issue:
The June 15, 2020, stories:
How opportunity led to watershed moment: Fabiana Pierre-Louis, first black woman nominated for N.J. Supreme Court, got her start in Seton Hall pre-law program built around Educational Opportunity Fund
Focus On … Global Companies
- Diversify supply: Pandemic has shown how doing international business — particularly if it’s focused on one country — can change overnight
- Worlds apart: COVID-19 has left international business dealings without traditional, vital tool — face-to-face meetings
- Advance warning: Asian office allowed Cranbury-based tech firm to get early look at COVID prevention measures
Focus On … Mergers & Acquisitions
- Brakes of the game: M&A experts say pandemic has brought sharp decline in activity … for several reasons
- Crossing a line: When it comes to taxes, what does work-from-home mean for businesses whose employees live in another state?
- Waiting game: Bankruptcy protection is option for businesses, individuals hurt by pandemic, but lawyers say filings haven’t become flood … yet
- Private equity, public problems: Medical practices that once eagerly welcomed investment capital are finding, thanks to COVID, that grass isn’t always greener