Newark Council President Mildred Crump and Union City Mayor Brian Stack were among the noteworthy public servants honored as the New Jersey State League of Municipalities announced the newest members of its Elected Officials Hall of Fame on Thursday.
Although the annual honor could not be presented at the Mayors Legislative Day in Trenton, which was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, 33 municipal governing body members were honored via virtual announcement.
“The Elected Officials Hall of Fame recognizes these officials who have selflessly guided their communities through the good times and difficult times, often with little recognition of their public service,” James Perry, a Hardwick committeeman and president of the league, said in a prepared statement. “This small token of appreciation focuses a light on their sacrifices over lengthy tenures, demonstrating how much they care, and serving as excellent examples of civic pride for all citizens to emulate.”
These officials have served in elected municipal office for more than 20 years, as of December 2019 for this year’s class.
The Class of 2020 brings the total membership in the hall to 648 people.
The newest inductees are:
- Mayor William W. Curtis, Bay Head Borough;
- Mayor Thomas L. Young, Branchburg Township;
- Councilman Emeritus Joseph R. Santagata, Buena Borough;
- Mayor Thomas W. Andes, Denville Township;
- Mayor Emeritus Robert J. Seader, Dunellen Borough;
- Councilwoman Emeritus Jacquelyn E. Johnson, East Orange City;
- Councilman Stephen Burke, Fairview Borough;
- Councilman Albert Lukin, Fairview Borough;
- Councilwoman Katherine Mitchell, Fanwood Borough;
- Council President Paulette Ramsey, Franklin Lakes Borough;
- Committeeman David Boynton, Frelinghuysen Township;
- Mayor Emeritus James J. Cregar, Hampton Borough;
- Councilman Garret G. Sinning, Hawthorne Borough;
- Mayor Alberto G. Santos, Kearny Town;
- Mayor Harry Robbins, Lakehurst Borough;
- Council President Steven Oglesby, Lakehurst Borough;
- Mayor Mauro D. Raguseo, Little Ferry Borough;
- Mayor Mark Cooper, National Park Borough;
- Council President Mildred Crump, Newark City;
- Commissioner Mauro G. Tucci, Nutley Township;
- Mayor John M. Kramer, Old Tappan Borough;
- Councilman Chaim M. Munk, Passaic City;
- Mayor Anthony Suarez, Ridgefield Borough;
- Councilman Vincent J. Calcagno, Robbinsville Township;
- Councilman-At-Large Joseph DeIorio, Roselle Park Borough;
- Deputy Mayor Fred Hall, Roxbury Township;
- Councilman William D. Hodgson, Surf City;
- Council President Albin J. Wicki, Union Beach Borough;
- Mayor Brian P. Stack, Union City;
- Mayor Richard Palombo, Upper Township;
- Committeeman Harry A. Platt, Voorhees Township;
- Councilman Donald J. Pasquariello Jr., Wanaque Borough;
- Mayor Emeritus Samuel A. Spina, West Orange Township.