Forbes has revealed its annual list of the Best Employers for Women, and a New Jersey company earned the No. 2 overall spot for 2020, according to the publication.
A total of 15 New Jersey-based companies made the list — as well as many with a New Jersey presence that are headquartered elsewhere.
The New Jersey-based companies are:
2. Unilever North America, Englewood Cliffs;
31. ETS, Princeton;
60. ascena retail group, Mahwah;
119. Prudential Financial, Newark;
121. Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick;
138. Quest Diagnostics, Secaucus;
151. Campbell Soup Co., Camden;
156. Sanofi, Bridgewater;
160. Chubb, Whitehouse Station;
198. Hudson Group, East Rutherford;
204. Bayada Home Health Care, Moorestown;
226. TD Bank, Cherry Hill;
227. ADP, Roseland;
250. SHI International, Somerset;
260. Merck & Co., Kenilworth.
The third-annual ranking was compiled through a survey of 75,000 Americans, including 45,000 women, working for businesses of 1,000-plus employees. It was conducted in March and April.
REI, a Washington-based sporting good retailer, topped the overall list, jumping from 21st overall in 2019.
Unilever, the global consumer goods company, achieved gender balance in its global management in March, it said, a year ahead of its 10-year target. Its North American unit had achieved gender parity in management in 2018.
“What gets measured gets done and, so, fundamentally, you have to measure how you’re tracking as a company, and take a look at where you really need to move the needle,” Forbes quoted Mita Mallick, the company’s head of diversity and cross-cultural marketing.
Unilever was ranked sixth in 2019.
For the complete list, click here.