Inc.’s annual ranking of the top American companies is back, and 132 from New Jersey made it onto the list.
The New York City-based business magazine released Wednesday the Inc. 5000, an annual ranking of the 5,000 fastest-growing private businesses in the United States. Companies were ranked by their percentage growth in revenue over three years (2016-2019).
Of the 132 businesses in the Garden State, two made it into the Top 100 and five made it into the Top 200. They span industries including advertising, marketing, engineering, logistics, IT and more. There were also four more companies on the list when compared to last year.
“The companies on this year’s Inc. 5000 come from nearly every realm of business,” Inc. editor-in-chief Scott Omelianuk said. “From health and software to media and hospitality, the 2020 list proves that no matter the sector, incredible growth is based on the foundations of tenacity and opportunism.”
The top-ranking company from the state was CXFormula, an advertising and marketing firm based in Mahwah. It came in at No. 64 overall due to its three-year growth rate of 4,979%.
The second-best performing company in the Top 200 was Egg Harbor Township-based Thunderbolt Software, an engineering firm. The company ranked No. 94 with a three-year growth rate of 3,608%.
Boxzooka came in third, ranking No. 119 overall. The Secaucus-based international e-commerce and fulfillment company had a three-year growth rate of 3,097%.
The fourth New Jersey company was Techsmart Global, a Plainsboro-based technology and consulting firm. It had a 2,929% three-year growth rate, putting it at No. 126 overall.
The fifth and final company was Iselin-based Money Avenue, a financial services company. It ranked No. 199 with a 2,136% growth rate.
Overall, New Jersey companies had a median growth rate of 144%, resulting in $7 billion in total revenue, 19,890 jobs added and 84 repeat honorees. As a whole, the 2020 Inc. 5000 had a three-year growth of over 500%, a median rate of 165%, $209 billion in 2019 revenue, and more than 1 million jobs.
The rest from New Jersey in the Top 1,000:
291. Live Wireless, 1,551%, Toms River;
305. OwnBackup, 1,486%, Englewood Cliffs;
389. Visual Lease, 1,193%, Woodbridge;
420. BrainScale Inc., 1,091%, Princeton;
434. Bogg Bag (Twenty-Six Designs), 1,060%, Wyckoff
501. Fusion Recruiting Labs, 929%, Red Bank;
544. American PetroLog, 849%, Medford;
560. Izzy & Liv, 836%, Matawan;
569. Universal Yums, 827%, Roseland;
643. OM Group, 729%, Piscataway;
671. Investigroup LLC, 699%, Union;
696. Momentum Solar, 671%, South PlainfieldMontvale;
818. Fusion Health, 584%, Woodbridge;
836. Visual Computer Solutions, 570%, Freehold;
912. Admera Health, 511%, South Plainfield;
973. Malka Media Group, 474%, Jersey City.
To see the full list and rankings, click here.