Ledgewood area residents now have access to a brand-new Walmart Supercenter within The Shops at Ledgewood Commons, Walmart announced on Wednesday.
The massive project, located at 461 Route 10, included the construction of a 170,000-square-foot floorplan on the same location of a previous Walmart store. Advance Realty Investors were the developers on the project.
“Through the incorporation of the latest technology and everyday low prices, this Supercenter will expand our ability to serve Ledgewood customers, while providing jobs to more than 400 New Jersey residents,” Store 3912 Manager Anthony Moreno said. “It’s a pleasure to see a project of this scale come to fruition during these tough times.”
So far, Walmart has hired 275 new employees for the store, with plans to hire an additional 150.
“The opening of the Walmart Supercenter at The Shops at Ledgewood Commons is a welcome economic boost for our community,” said Roxbury Township Mayor Robert DeFilippo. “We look forward to have Walmart back as one of our many contributing corporate citizens.”
The new Supercenter will offer:
- Fresh, affordable produce, meat and groceries;
- Online grocery pickup and express delivery;
- Walmart+, a delivery service program designed to save customers time and money with free unlimited deliveries (it cost $98 a year or $12.95 a month);
- Pharmacists curbside pick-up;
- Walmart Pay, a touch-free system to pay;
- Omni-shopping experience.