For many, the holiday season means holiday wine. The Garden State Wine Growers Association sure hopes many feel that way.
It is kicking off its “Holiday Wine Experience,” a monthlong celebration at wineries throughout the state. The Holiday Wine Experience is designed to encourage visits to New Jersey wineries throughout the holiday season, purchasing wines for the dinner table and for gift-giving and warming up at a winery with a glass of wine from now through New Year’s Eve.
Those looking to visit a winery can visit the site to find a winery and learn its schedules and activities.
A few notes:
- Many wineries are operating on reservation system, so patrons have to book times for their visits;
- A number of wineries are providing curbside sales for those just wishing to pick up wine;
- Anyone 21 and over can purchase wine and have it shipped to a resident of legal age in the state — and many wineries ship out of state as well;
- Some wineries are open ahead of Thanksgiving for wine purchases;
- Many will be offering special activities, live music, holiday sales and even ornament giveaways from Black Friday through Sunday.
Tom Cosentino, the executive director of the Garden State Wine Growers Association, said there is something for everyone.
“Our wineries have provided a great entertainment resource for those wishing to get out during this pandemic,” he said. “New Jersey wineries have offered a safe environment and continue to do so during the holiday season.
“We encourage everyone to make a trip out to a nearby vineyard, pick up some wine to go and warm up with a glass of wine while you’re there.”
And, when the weather turns cold, Cosentino said you may not necessarily be shut out. Many wineries in the state also are providing fire pits and outdoor heaters.
For a cold weather guide to what many wineries are doing and their procedures outside visit, click here.
The Garden State Wine Growers Association is a nonprofit organization of New Jersey-based wineries, vineyards and allied businesses.
The GSWGA serves as a centralized information repository, resource and clearing house for industry members, and offers a unified voice advocating for issues important to the entire range of New Jersey winery and vineyard operations. Central to this mission are efforts toward branding, marketing, public relations, education, and legislation and regulation for the furtherance of the vineyard and wine industries in the Garden State.
To learn more, click here.