Officials with the Northern Trust PGA Tour event announced this week that they have created an eight-member advisory board of business leaders to help build the profile and impact of the FedExCup Playoffs event, which returns to New Jersey in 2021.
The event, which will be held at Liberty National Golf Club in Jersey City from Aug. 18-22, is the first event of the playoffs, which culminate with the Tour Championship.
Northern Trust Executive Director Julie Tyson said the advisory board brings together a diverse group of nationally recognized leaders for their profound impact on their respective communities.
“This impressive group of people have not only accomplished a great deal, but care deeply about the community here in Jersey City and the surrounding communities in the greater New York City area, and, in bringing them together, we aim to deliver an even greater positive impact to these communities,” she said.
A look at the advisory board:
- Ricardo Cardoso, executive vice president & chief investment officer at Mack-Cali Realty Corp.: Mack-Cali is one of the country’s largest real estate investment trusts and a leading place-maker focused on creating engaging destinations along the Hudson River Waterfront; Mack-Cali is publicly traded with over $1.2 billion in equity.
- James W. Casey, senior vice president/general manager at Constellation Brands Inc.: Constellation Brands, a Fortune 500 company, is an American producer and marketer of beer, wine and spirits. Constellation is the largest beer import company in the U.S. It has the third-largest market share of all major beer suppliers.
- Nick Elefterakis, managing partner at Elefterakis, Elefterakis and Panek: EEP is a leading New York City law firm that is nationally recognized as one of the premier personal injury and civil rights firms in the country. EEP is well known for its litigation, as it regularly obtains some of the nation’s top verdicts. EEP is routinely featured in Top 100 verdicts by the National Law Journal.
- Sharad Madison, CEO and president of United Building Maintenance: United Building Maintenance has almost 30 years of experience delivering impeccable facility maintenance to Fortune 500 companies across all industries in the tri-state area.
- Robert Marziotto, CEO and president of the NEAD Organization: NEAD Organization is a leading provider of electrical and communications contracting and engineer services, with almost 30 years of history in the tri-state area; it has offices in New Jersey and New York City.
- Andy Roos, partner at HBSE Ventures: HBSE Ventures is a fund that invests in early stage companies at the intersection of sports, entertainment and technology. HBSE is part of the Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment family, which also includes the Philadelphia 76ers, the New Jersey Devils, the Prudential Center in Newark and other premier sports and entertainment assets.
- Lee Slattery, Merrimack College board of trustees member: Merrimack College is a selective private college just minutes from Boston, and is one of the fastest growing educational institutions in the country.
- Lee Smith, general manager at Liberty National Golf Club and regional director of operations, TPC Network: Previous positions include TPC Summerlin general manager and head golf professional at TPC Sugarloaf.