Gov. Phil Murphy and U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez headline a list of state and national speakers who will appear at the NAIOP New Jersey Public Policy Symposium this Friday.
The event, which will be a webinar, runs from 8:30-11 a.m. (Register here.)
NAIOP officials said the event will discuss the opportunities that may be headed to New Jersey thanks to the general election last year, when the state picked up potentially much greater political clout.
Among items to be discussed:
- Impact of the new Congress and President Joe Biden’s administration on commercial real estate and New Jersey;
- The state’s recovery from the pandemic (all things recession, vaccine rollout and budget initiatives);
- Gateway and transportation infrastructure funding;
- State and local tax deductions;
- Federal COVID-19 support for business (Paycheck Protection Program, Safe Harbor Liability Protection);
- Federal tax issues (capital gains, 1031 like-kind exchanges, leasehold improvements);
- What to expect from the new Energy Master Plan and PACT Initiative.
In addition to Murphy and Menendez (D-N.J.), confirmed speakers include:
- N.J. Deputy Chief of Staff for Economic Growth Joe Kelley;
- N.J. Board of Public Utilities President Joseph Fiordaliso;
- NAIOP Senior Vice President, Government Affairs Aquiles Suarez;
- NAIOP NJ government affairs consultant Anthony Pizzutillo;
- NAIOP NJ public affairs Chair Michael Seeve.
NAIOP officials said networking will be available after the speaking program on Remo, a new virtual event platform.
City Fire Equipment Co., Lee & Associates, LCOR, Blackstone 360 LLC and Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi P.C. serve as major sponsors.