The group of more than 40 new chapter members from the Princeton area met virtually March 9 to organize the chapter, a process that included the selection of Shah and Jessie Guo, of Golden Crown Contractors, as its first president-elect.
NAWIC is the leading professional association for women in the construction industry. The Princeton chapter is NAWIC’s 389th chapter.
NAWIC National President Anne Pfleger said the goal of the organization is to recognize all women in the sector.
“One of the things that sets NAWIC apart from other associations is that we are such a diverse group of women who believe in the mission of strengthening and amplifying the success of all women in the construction industry,” she said.
“The chartering of the Princeton chapter brings new members to the association with knowledge, fresh perspective, strategic thinking and diverse experiences that will further ‘Connect-Collaborate-Construct’ NAWIC and its members for the betterment of our industry’s future.”
Shah said she is eager to get started.
“Our chapter is proud to be uniting such a diverse and energetic group of women across New Jersey through this initiative to trade experiences and networks, advocate for a healthy and successful professional life, and celebrate the remarkable work of women in the construction industry,” she said. “We are thankful to our allies in the industry and in the NAWIC organization for supporting and amplifying these voices.”
- President: Suchita Shah, Kamlesh Shah Designs
- President-elect: Jessie Guo, Golden Crown Contractors
- Vice president: Michele George Callum, Construction Risk Partners
- Recording secretary: Lynn Katz, WillScot
- Corresponding secretary: Emily Clancy, Torcon Construction
- Treasurer: Jill Wicherski, Bancroft Construction
Board of directors:
- Erica Braxton: Plumbers Local 24 & Iron Workers Local 11
- Victoria Airgood: Hill Wallack LLP
- AnnMarie Keane: Construction Risk Partners