The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants has named its board of trustees for 2021-22, including choosing a new president: Harry P. Wills III of Bowman & Co. LLP.
Wills, a partner at the Voorhees-based firm, replaces Alan D. Sobel, managing member of SobelCo LLC in Livingston. The group said he plans to focus his presidency on initiatives to assist students, young professionals and accountants hoping to enter leadership roles.
“As the accounting profession incorporates new uses of data analytics and other technological advancements, it’s imperative that we focus our attention on growing the profession and assisting the leaders of tomorrow,” he said in a prepared statement.
Wills first joined the New Jersey Society of CPAs in 1987 and has served in a variety of leadership and committee roles.
“Harry brings years of taxation and auditing experience to the role, along with exceptional involvement with the next generation of CPAs and keeping the profession as open as possible,” CEO and Executive Director Ralph Thomas said in a statement. “We look forward to working together on many projects that further the role of CPAs in the business community.”
The other members of the 2021-22 board include:
- President-elect: Kathleen F. Powers, Matheny Medical and Education Center;
- Secretary: Jordan D. Amin, EisnerAmper LLP;
- Treasurer: June M. Toth, zbt Certified Public Accounting & Consulting LLC;
- Immediate past president: Alan D. Sobel, SobelCo LLC;
- Trustees: Dennis W. Bartlett, Cullari Carrico LLC; Isabel Del Corral, McIntee Fusaro Del Corral LLC; JoAnne Geylin, EisnerAmper LLP; Jesse M. Herschbein, Prager Metis CPAs LLC; Noorus S. Khan, Smolin, Lupin & Co. P.A.; Jason Lauretta, ADP; Altheia Leduc, Gold Gerstein Group LLC; Christopher M. Lovasz, Deloitte; Brian G. Nafash, Massood & Co. P.A.; Michael A. Stillitano, National Retail Systems Inc.; Christopher R. Stoop, EisnerAmper LLP; Katherine E. Zech, PKF O’Connor Davies LLP.