Cori Prisco, Maria Alvarado and Bruce Feldman have been elected as new board members of the New Jersey Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers, the group announced.
The NJAASC is an incorporated, nonprofit organization that was founded in 1992 by owners of ambulatory surgery centers. Its membership is currently comprised of approximately 190 ambulatory surgery centers and 40 vendors.
The NJAASC’s mission is to promote and advance the efforts of New Jersey’s ambulatory surgery centers in the delivery of optimum patient care in a cost-effective manner.
Prisco serves as the clinical director at the Hudson Crossing Surgery Center in Fort Lee; Alvarado is the administrator at the Same Day Surgery Center in Edison, and Bruce is the administrator at the Ridgedale Surgery Center in Hanover.
Other board members include:
- President: Jeff Shanton, NJAASC;
- Treasurer: Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser, Bergen-Passaic Eye Surgery Center;
- Secretary: Sheila McAteer, Virtua;
- Bonnie Brady Lavoie, West Morris Surgery;
- Melissa Bushnell, AtlantiCare Surgery Center;
- Joan McKibben, Ambulatory Surgical Center of Somerset;
- Past president: Andrew Weiss, CASC, Summit Surgical Center.
Read more from ROI-NJ:
Shanton welcomed the trio.
“NJAASC’s board has played an important role in cultivating a vibrant organization and a growing membership through our advocacy, exceptional programs and valuable member communications,” he said. “In fact, NJAASC is now the fourth-largest state association representing ASCs in the county.
“We are excited to welcome these new board members who will play an important role in continuing to serve, inform and advocate for our growing membership.”