Saying its goal is to inspire and empower healthier communities by creating the highest-quality and most desirable patient experience in the region, Inspira Health unveiled its new mission, vision and values this week.
CEO Amy Mansue said the new mission, vision and values statements will serve as a guide for the present and future of Inspira. The new statements were developed alongside the network’s new strategic plan and are designed to serve as core principles for all Inspira Health employees to embody each and every day.
“Our mission, vision and values are the foundation of what Inspira Health does every day, and they are meant to serve as our north star to help direct us,” Mansue said. “Although our previous statements and values served us well, we felt that we needed to establish reimagined statements that more closely reflect our current and our vision for the future.
“For us, they are more than phrases; they are meant to unite all of us around a redefined common purpose — inspiring all employees to continue to raise the bar for themselves, our patients and our community.”
The new mission, vision and values statements are as follows:
Our Mission: To provide a safe and compassionate experience that improves the health and well-being of our community by placing the safety of our patients and support of our employees at the center of all we do.
Our Vision: Inspira Health inspires and empowers healthier communities by creating the highest-quality and most desirable patient experience in the region.
Our Values: I.C.R.E.A.T.E.: Innovation, Compassion, Reliability, Empathy, Access, Teamwork, Empowerment.
- Innovation: We strive to employ ingenuity and new standards of care to improve our work every day.
- Compassion: We treat everyone equally with kindness and respect.
- Reliability: We put the safety of our patients, compliance and best practice at the forefront of all we do.
- Empathy: We listen and genuinely relate to others in order to make them feel seen and appreciated.
- Access: We provide a high-quality patient experience to all people.
- Teamwork: We collaborate and utilize the full breadth of the Inspira network to improve the experience of our patients.
- Empowerment: We educate and inspire positive change and healthier long-term outcomes.
In addition to completing a review of Inspira’s historical foundational statements, employees across the network also studied best practices and considered regional and national health care statements; participated in focus groups to share their perspectives; and were invited to participate in a survey to share their thoughts on the final mission, vision and values.
Mansue said employees ultimately played key role in ideating and validating the reimagined statements, which truly reflect the entire organization.