The New Jersey business community may be slowing its return to the office — but its willingness to return to in-person networking events remains high, according to a recent New Jersey Chamber of Commerce/ROI-NJ poll.
The survey, conducted during the last week of August, found that more than 57% of respondents were either “highly likely” or “somewhat likely” to attend an event being held that day. Only slightly more than one in four (29%) said they would be “highly unlikely” or “somewhat unlikely” to attend. Of those responding, 13% said they were “not sure.”
The six-question survey provided a number of insights, including:
- 56% of those surveyed are ready to attend events now — and an additional 15% feel they will be ready 2-3 months from now. Only 1% said they will need more than a year to feel comfortable;
- Three of five surveyed (61%) said their company does not have a policy regarding attendance at in-person events. Only 3% said their company restricts attendance;
- Just over 50% (53%) said they would like proof of vaccination required to attend an event; 51% said they would like masking guidelines to be in place for events;
- Just under one in four (24%) said they do not need any restrictions in place to be willing to attend an event.
The survey was answered by 150 business leaders.
Here’s a complete look at the results:
If today you were invited to an in-person business networking event, what are the chances you would attend?
- Highly likely: 39%
- Somewhat likely: 18%
- Not sure: 13%
- Somewhat unlikely: 11%
- Highly unlikely: 18%
If today you were invited to attend an in-person business networking event, in what timeframe would you consider attending?
- Now: 56%
- 2-3 months: 15%
- 3-6 months: 15%
- 6-12 months: 13%
- More than 12 months: 1%
Does your business have a policy with regard to attending in-person events?
- Yes, it restricts attendance: 3%
- Yes, it provides guidelines for attending: 27%
- No: 61%
- Don’t know: 8%
If you were invited to a business networking event, and your business allowed attendance, under what conditions would you consider attending (check all that apply)?
- Social distancing: 38%
- Masking: 51%
- Proof of vaccination: 53%
- Complete clearance from N.J. Dept. of Health: 13%
- Complete clearance from CDC: 13%
- Temperature check: 26%
- No conditions needed: 24%
Does your business host networking events?
- Yes: 46%
- No: 54%
If your business hosts events, when is the next one planned for?
- Next 3 months: 24%
- 3-6 months: 9%
- 6-12 months: 5%
- Next 12-24 months: 2%
- Already has hosted an event: 20%
- Has no plans to host event: 30%
- Don’t know: 10%