The New Jersey Economic Development Authority has awarded more $4 million to businesses through the Community Stage Relief Grant Program, created to help businesses involved in promoting and producing live performances that have been devastated by the pandemic.
EDA officials said the awards are ongoing. So far, 26 businesses have received awards totaling $4.12 million, including five which received the maximum amount of $300,000. (See complete list at bottom.)
EDA CEO Tim Sullivan said the group anticipates approving funding for additional businesses in the coming weeks.
“New Jersey’s eclectic arts and cultural scene is an essential element of its economic success and Gov. (Phil) Murphy is committed to supporting performing arts businesses that were hit hard by the economic effects of COVID-19,” he said.
“The Community Stage Relief Grant Program will ensure our communities remain vibrant places to live, work and play by providing the funds performing arts venues and other businesses involved in live performances need to recover and reopen safely in the aftermath of the pandemic.”
Qualified businesses can receive grants of up to 30% of their decline in operating revenue from 2019 to 2020.
A separate grant program administered by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts was created to provide COVID-19 relief to nonprofit arts venues.
- House of Independents: $300,000
- Near Dark Entertainment: $300,000
- Perryville Catering: $300,000
- Preserve Pitman Investment Group: $300,000
- White Eagle Jersey City: $300,000
- LOC Productions: $299,214
- Palladin Tour and Travel: $291,239
- Ledge Entertainment: $275,617
- First Class Entertainment: $275,558
- Lively McCabe: $238,012
- Debonair Music Hall: $199,260
- Asbury Audio: $188,003
- Primo Artists: $173,460
- Sonus Productions: $145,394
- The Wizards of Winter: $108,786
- Bananas Comedy Club: $93,233
- Binoy Shah: $92,744
- Hopewell Theater: $75,285
- One Step Events: $45,170
- The Management Ark: $28,013
- Ultra Artists: $27,302
- D&P: $26,519
- Rhythm of the Arts: $21,923
- A.W Media: $12,000
- DAA Entertainment: $5,926
- Black Box Studios: $18