Officials at the Far Hills Race Meeting Association are thrilled that the 100th anniversary of the event will take place this year after being sidelined by the pandemic a year ago, and are promising a party like no other in its history.
But they really want to remind eventgoers that the event is about more than just a good time at the races.
The main purpose of the Far Hills Race Meeting, to be held this Saturday, is to raise money for six beneficiaries that are attempting to serve the health care needs in the surrounding area — beneficiaries that missed out on funding a year ago.
Race Meeting co-Chairman Guy Torsilieri said the need has never been so important.
“Our community’s health care organizations have been vital resources during the pandemic and need our support to provide crucial care for locals,” he said. “We’re excited to welcome racegoers back to support these wonderful causes and experience our new race-day offerings.”
The event, which has raised over $18 million for local health care charities to date, is supporting six beneficiaries this year:
- RWJBarnabas Health Somerset;
- The Arc of Somerset County;
- Community in Crisis;
- Bonnie Brae.
Race Meeting co-Chairman Ron Kennedy stressed the importance of giving back.
“Our beneficiaries have been tasked with caring for our community’s most vulnerable, and we’re honored to support them while also treating the community to this beloved tradition at the 100th running,” he said.
In honor of the 100th running, the event will feature exclusive race-day firsts, including:
- Purses totaling $400,000, the highest purse size on the steeplechase circuit for 2021;
- Larry Collmus, known for calling the Triple Crown and Breeder’s Cup, calling the action.
The event, sponsored by Open Road Auto Group and Peapack-Gladstone Bank, is offering both new attractions and old favorites, including:
- Centennial Tent: A new, exclusive race-day experience, the Centennial Tent will feature a gourmet buffet all day and an open bar with an on-site activation with Penelope Bourbon. Additionally, Burnt Mills Cider will be serving a special edition cider for guests.
- Parking: VIP parking is available.
- Digital parimutuel wagering: Wagering will be available on-site through 4NJBets, powered by TVG. Click here to sign up, deposit and wager. And use promo code FARHILLS250.