CVS Health announced this week the Aetna Connected Plan, a plan that will give members additional discounts and benefits when they use CVS.
CVS Health officials said the plan is being introduced during enrollment season in an effort to increase Aetna’s penetration with small and midsize companies. CVS Health officials say
Aetna is the second-largest carrier for commercial insurance products in the state.
Under the plan, Aetna customers will get these additional benefits at CVS:
- $0 copay at in-network walk-in clinics, including MinuteClinic;
- 20% off select CVS Health-branded health and wellness products;
- Access to Aetna National Pharmacy Network, CVS Specialty pharmacy and Coram home infusion services;
- Free CVS Pharmacy 1- to 2-day delivery on eligible prescriptions and select retail items;
- Access to specialty drugs through CVS Specialty medicine and support services.
Aetna NJ/NY Market President Jason Tompkins said the plan will lower costs.
“The blend of CVS Health and Aetna supports our New York and New Jersey members on their health care journey through a new, innovative health care model that is more connected, convenient and affordable,” he said in a release.
“The Aetna Connected Plan with CVS Health is helping us deliver on that promise. It brings together our medical, pharmacy and retail capabilities, allowing members to get the care they need, where and when they need it.”