Grassi, the New York-based accounting firm with a major presence in New Jersey, has announced the promotion of seven principals to partner.
As the 64th-largest accounting firm in the nation, Grassi is a leading provider of advisory, tax and accounting services to businesses and individuals. Its advisers specialize in providing industry-specific business consulting, audit, tax and technology services to key market sectors, including construction, architecture and engineering, not-for-profit, health care, manufacturing and distribution, financial services, real estate, cannabis and more.
Grassi’s offices in Park Ridge; Jericho, New York; and Needham, Massachusetts all announced principal elevations.
The following promotions were all effective Jan. 1:
- Scott Stern was promoted to partner in Grassi’s Park Ridge office. He is a member of the firm’s construction practice and delivers business consulting, assurance and accounting services to contractors and subcontractors, as well as clients in the manufacturing and distribution industry.
- Jean David Chery was promoted to partner in the firm’s tax practice. He specializes in tax planning, projections and compliance services to help clients achieve significant tax savings. Chery works primarily with businesses in the construction, architecture and engineering industries. He is based in Grassi’s Jericho office and sits on the board of directors of the Nassau Chapter of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- William Dorsa was promoted to partner in Grassi’s construction practice. He is an audit specialist with expertise in financial statement audits and reviews for contractors, architects and engineers. Based in the firm’s Jericho office, Dorsa also specializes in mergers & acquisitions due diligence, construction project audits and other business advisory services.
- Thomas Kreckler was promoted to partner in Grassi’s Needham office. He
specializes in audit, tax planning and compliance services for closely held and family-owned businesses in the Greater Boston area. He has extensive experience performing audits and implementing tax strategies for flow-through entities and C-corporations with multistate operations.
- Steven Lemke was promoted to partner in Grassi’s construction practice, where he provides industry-specific audit and advisory services to contractors and subcontractors. To this role, Lemke brings extensive experience preparing financial reports and performing audit, attest and tax work for business clients. He is based in the firm’s Jericho office.
- James McIntosh was promoted to partner and will continue to play a key leadership role in the firm’s Manufacturing & Distribution practice. Based in the firm’s Jericho office, McIntosh specializes in audits, reviews and consulting for public and private companies, particularly within the food and beverage sector.
- Shashi Singal was promoted to partner in Grassi’s tax practice. As a key member of the firm’s manufacturing and distribution and international tax practices, Singal specializes in tax advisory and compliance, research projects, planning and assisting with mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructuring for clients in the real estate and manufacturing and distribution industries. Singal is based in the firm’s Jericho office.