NAIOP New Jersey on Wednesday afternoon kicked off its virtual 2022 Annual Meeting & Election Results with Chapter President Constantino T. “Gus” Milano introducing the organization’s 2022 leadership slate and this year’s Commercial Real Estate Awards Gala honorees.
The event also included a commercial real estate outlook for the new year from CBRE Executive Director and Global Chief Economist Richard Barkham, as well as a panel discussion on Environmental, Social and Governance and the Commerical Real Estate Industry moderated by Jeff Milanaik, Bridge Industrial LLC Northeast Region partner, and experts Kara Edmonson, senior director of ESG for Verdani Partners, and Kerry Reef, director of real estate at Liberty Mutual Investments.
Milano, who also serves as Hartz Mountain Industrial president and chief operating officer, was reelected president for 2022. Along with NAIOP NJ CEO Michael McGuinness, the remaining officers are:
- President-elect and vice president of public affairs: Mark Shearer, Rockefeller Group;
- Vice president of special events: Matt Schlindwein, Greek Development;
- Vice president of education: Sam Morreale, Vision Real Estate Partners;
- Vice president of membership & communications: Stacey Weinberg Kierman, Federal Business Centers;
- Vice president of associate affairs: Peter Bronsnick, Cushman & Wakefield;
- Treasury/Secretary: Jesse Harty, Prologis.
NAIOP NJ’s 35th Annual Commercial Real Estate Awards Gala will be held June 16 at the Palace at Somerset Park in Somerset. This year’s honorees include:
- Charles Klatskin Lifetime Achievement Award: Gene Preston;
- Impact Award: David Gockel of Langan;
- Impact Award: John Saraceno and Jonathan Schultz of Onyx Equities;
- Industry Services Award: Anthony Coscia of Windels Marx Lane & Mittendorf LLP;
- Caren S. Franzini Public Partner Award: Derek Amstead, mayor of Linden.