The new outpatient facility that Monmouth Medical Center is constructing in Eatontown will be named the Anne Vogel Family Care and Wellness Center, the hospital announced.
The center, which will stand next to Boscov’s at the Monmouth Mall, is in the final stages of construction and is set to open in March. Monmouth Medical Center officials say the expansive facility is a critical component to their outpatient expansion plan aimed at increasing access to critical health services and providing outstanding programs and services where the communities need it most.
The facility will be named after Anne Vogel, in recognition of a $10 million gift made by local philanthropist Sheldon Vogel in honor of his late wife. Sheldon and Anne Vogel made a $50 million gift to the hospital in 2020 to establish the Vogel Medical Campus in Tinton Falls, which is under development three miles away from the Anne Vogel Family Care & Wellness Center.
Sheldon Vogel said increasing access to health always has been of great concern.
“Health care innovation is crucial to our community and requires investment,” he said. “Anne would be so proud that this special gift in her name will ensure that Monmouth Medical Center can continue to meet the evolving health care needs of our community for generations to come.”
To support all members of the community in a healthy eating journey, the Anne Vogel Family Care and Wellness Center will include a demonstration kitchen headed up by a full-time dietitian. This modern space will feature innovative programming named for Dorothea and Jon Bon Jovi.
JBJ Soul Kitchen is a nonprofit community restaurant in Red Bank and Toms River that is run by the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation.
In addition to the demonstration kitchen, the four-story, 82,000-square-foot Anne Vogel Family Care and Wellness Center will include:
- Renowned pediatric subspecialists in cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, pulmonology and infectious diseases through the Unterberg Children’s Hospital at Monmouth Medical Center;
- Children’s Specialized Hospital will offer outstanding programs in pediatric medical services, including neurology, psychiatry and physiatry; as well as therapeutic services, including audiology, psychology and physical, speech and occupational therapy;
- Comprehensive women’s services, including maternal/fetal medicine and a breastfeeding center;
- MMC’s pioneering Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders Center;
- Bariatric Surgery and GI Disorders Center;
- A blood drawing station;
- An Urgent Care Center.
Bill Arnold, president, RWJBarnabas Health Southern Region, and CEO of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, expressed his gratitude for the gift.
“The new center is truly providing extraordinary care close to home and perfectly honors Anne’s caring and giving nature,” he said. “We can’t thank Sheldon enough for helping RWJBarnabas Health advance its mission of ensuring our communities have the means and ability to live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
“We are also so grateful to Dorothea and Jon Bon Jovi for helping us pair world class health care with healthy eating through the exciting Dorothea and Jon Bon Jovi programs.”