Location: 375 Route 72 W., Manahawkin
Serves: The local Ocean County community and beyond.
Key Leadership: David Wintrode, president; David G. Wintrode, general manager; Joe Stroffolino, director of advertising and marketing; Lisa Wintrode, the Wintrode Family Foundation.
Causeway CARes, founded in 2004 and funded by the Wintrode Family Foundation Inc., offers resources and support to various nonprofit, local and community-based organizations throughout Ocean County. The Wintrode family has always been driven by the desire to give back to the community it serves through partnerships with such organizations and encouraging their collaboration to fulfill a greater need. As an extension of Causeway Family of Dealerships, which was founded in 1969, Causeway CARes exists to offer consistent support, compassion, time and resources for community members in need.
Serving the local community has always been at the heart of the Causeway family. Our goals are to:
- Fill the present needs in the community through generous giving and continuous support.
- Provide food security and literacy opportunities.
- Partner with various nonprofit, local and community-based organizations to ensure their long-term success and encourage collaboration between them.
- Continue to grow and raise awareness of its presence and be a trusted voice and asset in Ocean County.
Causeway CARes’ mission is to make a direct and profound impact in and around Ocean County in the areas of education, food security and quality of life.
To fulfill its mission, Causeway CARes promises to give back to the community by offering time and resources, as well as financial donations and scholarship opportunities; and facilitating event sponsorships, encouraging volunteerism and social responsibility, and organizing vehicle giveaways for its nonprofit and community partners through the CauseWheels Vehicle Donation Program.
Causeway CARes has participated in various initiatives to support nonprofit and community organizations through the years. Some of these initiatives include:
- Causeway Family 5K, which raised over $84,000 for four years in a row, for Fulfill, to fight hunger in the community.
- The Relay for Life for four years in a row.
- 2,000 new winter coats were distributed through Fulfill and the United Way of Ocean and Monmouth County’s Warmest Wishes program in December 2021.
- 10-15 sponsorships monthly of Little League teams to golf outings.
- Donation of a 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E to Fulfill to raffle off as a fundraiser, which generated $100,000.
- Established the CauseWheels Vehicle Donation Program two years ago, which donates at least one vehicle to an Ocean County nonprofit. To date, the program has donated over 30 cars, trucks and vans to local churches.
- For its 50th anniversary, 11 $10,000 grants, one each month, were awarded to nonprofits in Ocean County.
- Raised money for its Education Foundation at Southern Regional High School to raise.
- For 25 years sponsored events at the Grunin Theatre and at Ocean County College.
- Recently collaborated with Ocean County Library and Interfaith Health to sponsor a books-on-tape program for local seniors.
- Annually hosts a Winter Carnival, which gives local nonprofits the opportunities to provide resources and to connect with the community.
- Provides marketing support to local nonprofits via its monthly newspaper, the Causeway Gazette.
Our organization is generously funded by the Wintrode Family Foundation, but your support is always welcome. We thank you for lending your hand in making our community a better place to live, grow and thrive.
Our full list of nonprofit and community partners can be found at causewaycares.com/community-partners/.
Causeway CARes will host its annual “Summer in Winter Carnival” on Sunday, March 20, at the Holiday Inn of Manahawkin. The event will feature local nonprofit and community organizations, carnival games, boardwalk-type food, a magic show and various children’s activities like face painting, arts and crafts and more. All are invited!
Reach Causeway CARes at causewaycares.com or call 609-597-8083.