One hundred nine municipal agencies and local nonprofit arts and history organizations in Middlesex County were the recipients of the 2022 Arts & History Grant Awards in the total amount of $2,178,672, according to a Wednesday announcement from the Middlesex County Office of Communication Administration.
Currently, three types of funding opportunities are available: General Operating Support, Program Support, and Historic Preservation & Capital Grants. The grant cycle opens each summer with the announcement of the grant guidelines and a series of grant writing workshops.
Funding for these grants is made possible by the Middlesex County board of county commissioners through the Middlesex County Cultural and Arts Trust Fund. Middlesex County funding partners include the New Jersey Historical Commission and the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
The following is a list of total funding amounts by discipline:
- Dance total amount granted: $327,450
- Festivals/folklife total amount granted: $233,425
- Multidisciplinary total amount granted: $260,025
- Music/choral total amount granted: $158,950
- Public art total amount granted: $24,325
- Theater total amount granted: $945,457
- Visual art total amount granted: $69,675
- History total amount granted: $120,365
- Historic preservation and capital total amount granted: $39,000