Thirty hospitals in New Jersey were given an “A” grade in the Spring 2022 Leapfrog Safety Report — an increase of one since last fall.
The number indicates that 43.5% of the state’s 70 hospitals receiving a grade were given the highest mark in the biannual report, which judges hospitals on more than 30 safety metrics.
Sixteen hospitals in the state received a “B” grade, 19 received a “C” grade and four received a “D” grade. No hospital received an “F.” One hospital was not given a grade.
New Jersey ranks 12th among states for the percentage of hospitals with “A” grades — although its 43.5% is well above the national average of 24%.
Nationally, 60% of hospitals received an “A” or “B” grade. In New Jersey, 67% of hospitals received one of the top grades.
Of note, Hackensack Meridian Health had the most “A” grades, as eight of its hospitals were so recognized. Atlantic Health had four hospitals receive an “A”; Jefferson Health – New Jersey had all three of its hospitals receive an “A” grade.
For a complete look at all of the New Jersey hospitals, click here.
Here’s a look at the 30 hospitals receiving an ‘A’ grade:
- Atlantic Health-Chilton Medical Center (Pompton Plains)
- Atlantic Health-Morristown Medical Center
- Atlantic Health-Newton Medical Center
- Atlantic Health-Overlook Medical Center (Summit)
- Capital Health Medical Center (Hopewell)
- Englewood Hospital
- Hackensack Meridian Bayshore Medical Center (Holmdel)
- Hackensack Meridian Jersey Shore University Medical Center (Neptune)
- Hackensack Meridian Ocean University Medical Center (Brick)
- Hackensack Meridian Old Bridge Medical Center
- Hackensack Meridian Palisades Medical Center (North Bergen)
- Hackensack Meridian Pascack Valley Medical Center (Westwood)
- Hackensack Meridian Raritan Bay Medical Center (Perth Amboy)
- Hackensack Meridian Riverview Medical Center (Red Bank)
- Hunterdon Medical Center (Flemington)
- Inspira Medical Center-Mullica Hill
- Inspira Medical Center-Vineland
- Jefferson Health-Cherry Hill Hospital
- Jefferson Health-Stratford Hospital
- Jefferson Health-Washington Township Hospital (Turnersville)
- Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center (Plainsboro)
- RWJBarnabas Health-Monmouth Medical Center (Long Branch)
- RWJBarnabas-Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (Rahway)
- Saint Clare’s Denville Hospital
- Saint Michael’s Medical Center (Newark)
- Saint Peter’s University Hospital (New Brunswick)
- Luke’s-Warren Campus (Phillipsburg)
- Mary’s General Hospital (Passaic)
- The Valley Hospital (Ridgewood)
- Virtua Voorhees Hospital