Katz & Associates on Tuesday said it is helping revitalize Downtown Montclair by bringing top-notch retail and entertainment experiences to the Seymour Street redevelopment project.
Katz’s Brian Katz and Amy Staats are exclusive retail leasing agents for the project developed by Ironstate Development and Brookfield Properties. Located on Bloomfield Avenue alongside the Wellmont Theater, the project features over 35,000 square feet of retail, as well as a 12,000-square-foot outdoor plaza, 200 apartments and 40,000 square feet of office space.
Retail that is now open includes the Gravity Vault, which occupied 12,000 square feet, and
One River School of Art + Design, which is occupying 3,350 square feet.
Anticipated to open in summer 2022 are the following:
- The Goddard School (9,962 square feet): Tenant rep by Harry Rosen, D.L. Rosen & Co.;
- Nami Nori (2,050 square feet): Tenant rep by David Mandelbaum, KAM Realty Group;
- Madison Reed Color Bar (2,428 square feet): Tenant rep by Nancy Erickson, Colliers International;
- Montclair Mud Clay Studio (3,300 square feet): Tenant rep by Staats;
- Cornbread (1,533 square feet): Tenant rep by Navin Bhutani, Locate, and Sean Pyle, Sabre Real Estate Group; and
- Brick City Vegan (844 square feet): Tenant rep by Bhutani and Pyle.
“We rooted through numerous retail options and chose an arrangement of diverse and eclectic retail to build on the existing flare of Montclair,” said Staats, a vice president. “These retail and entertainment experiences will help further bolster the allure of the area characterized by the iconic 100-year-old Wellmont Theater.”