The firm provided surveying, civil engineering and landscape architectural design services for the complex, which opened in late 2021 in the Powerhouse Arts District of the Gold Coast of Jersey City.
The development, located in a FEMA flood zone, required flood mitigation measures and stormwater management systems that were evaluated and developed by Jersey City-based Dresdner Robin. The firm also provided flood certifications, construction survey layout control, and streetscape and site lighting design.
“This project transformed a previously vacant and unsightly lot,” Dresdner Robin’s Mark Vizzini, the associate director of land development said. “It was engineered and designed to keep true to the neighborhood’s industrial and arts-based past. And, with the precision and detail that went into the structure, it has become an anchor for the Powerhouse Arts District, so we’re thrilled to see the recognition it deserves.”
The Canopy Hotel, located at 159 Morgan St., is situated along the former industrial and manufacturing corridor of the Powerhouse Arts District. Within the last six years, the area has been redeveloped to include high-rise luxury residential, office space and arts-centered construction projects, several of which Dresdner Robin has contributed to.
Award winners are recognized for transformational land-use developments, best practices and creative visioning.
Finalists and winners are selected by the ULI jury, which represents a range of panelists from various geographic locations and many areas of real estate and land use expertise, including finance, planning, development, public affairs, design and professional services, among others. Project partners of the Canopy Hotel include Panepinto Properties, the KABR Group, Three Wall Capital and GreenTree Construction.
Other ULI awards included:
- Mixed-use residential: The Lively, LMC (Lennar);
- Mixed-use TOD: Vermella Union, Russo Development;
- Small deal of the the year: Elks Club JSQ, Hopkins Group;
- Capital Markets/Equity Award: Broad & Halsey Office Portfolio, JLL, Progress Capital, Shift Capital, Hanni Group and Acore;
- Industrial: Freezpak Logistics Center, Elberon Development, Fidelco Group;
- Sustainable Development/Net Zero Award: LG North American Headquarters, LG Corp.
- N.J. Development Project of the Year: Seymour Street Redevelopment, Ironstate Development and Brookfield Properties;
- Suburban Redevelopment Project: ON3, Prism;
- Hospitality: The Canopy Hotel, Panepinto Properties, the KABR Group, Three Wall Capital and Greentree Construction;
- Health Care Medical: Hunterdon Healthcare, Atlantic Healthcare Systems and Atkins Cos.;
- DEI Awards: Apartments at Montgomery Crossing, PIRHL;
- Best in indoor/outdoor design: 1776 by David Burke and Topgolf Swing Suite.