Fintech may be one of the new sectors that is hot among technology workers looking for the next cool thing. But that doesn’t mean the sector doesn’t take employee engagement seriously.
It’s the fifth consecutive year of recognition for Cross River.
Phil Goldfeder, head of global public affairs at Cross River, said the recognition always is appreciated.
“Our 800-plus teammates make us who we are and enable Cross River to serve the fintech ecosystem and provide access to financial services to millions of consumers,” Goldfeder said. “We’re honored to be recognized, once again, as one of the best places to work as we continue to grow both in the U.S. and across the globe, and thank our dedicated teammates for their partnership and commitment.”
To be considered for participation, companies must provide technology products, services or solutions that enable the delivery of financial services. Companies must also have been in business for at least one full year and employ at least 15 people in the U.S.
The winners were selected through a two-part survey process, completed with the help of the Best Companies Group. The surveys measured employee satisfaction in addition to examining benefits and policies.
Cross River, which hired more than 225 employees in 2021, has grown eight-fold since 2017, when it won the first year of American Banker’s Best Place to Work in Financial Technology award.
Here’s how both the honorees were described:
- HQ: Fort Lee
- CEO: Gilles Gade
- U.S. employees: 627
- What it does: Provides banking platform for fintech firms.
- Interesting fact: Cross River partners with Sinai Schools, an organization that provides education for children and young adults with special needs. Students from the program intern at Cross River once a week.
- Unusual perk: Male and female barbers provide free on-site haircuts twice a week.
- HQ: Kearny
- CEO: Roger Chinchilla
- U.S. employees: 56
- What it does: A cloud-based platform for tax professionals.
- Interesting fact: Refundo’s office has a game room, which includes a Pac-Man arcade game, PlayStation 5 and board games, where employees can relieve stress during the day.
- Unusual perk: The company has at least one team lunch per week where it provides food and drinks for everyone.