The New Jersey Manufacturing Extension Program announced the details of its 10th annual “MADE in New Jersey” Manufacturing Day, which will take place Oct. 7 at iPlay America in Freehold. And this year, the event will have a special focus: women in manufacturing.
The annual celebration features networking, educational discussions and more, aiming to change the public perception of manufacturing — as well as celebrating the winners of the Manufacturer of the Year awards.
Click here for more information or to register.
“MADE in New Jersey Manufacturing Day has grown into a cornerstone event for the industry,” NJMEP CEO John Kennedy said in a prepared statement. “Some are even calling it the largest manufacturing event of its kind on the East Coast. The day is a content-driven celebration of the industry to help businesses network, learn and grow.
“This is a special year for a couple of reasons. It is the 10th annual MADE in New Jersey Manufacturing Day, and it is the first time the celebration focuses on the women in the industry that play a key role in its success. The ‘Year of Women in Manufacturing’ was developed to emphasize women manufacturing leaders and give them a platform to inspire the next generation.”
Panel discussions and breakout sessions will include: the latest cybersecurity threats; supply chain disruptions and mitigation strategies; improving cash flow and increasing market penetration; government relations; and workforce. A particular event of note is the “Year of Women in Manufacturing — Collaborating to Drive Forward Progress” breakout session.
Some 50 exhibit booths will be on display, and high school robotics teams will have an exhibition competition.
The finalists for the 2022 awards include:
- Small-size manufacturers: ModTek, Hickory Industries Inc. and Prince Sterilization Services;
- Medium-size manufacturers: IPAK, MAINGEAR and Worldwide Glass Resources;
- Large-size manufacturers: Sanofi, Stryker and Marotta Controls;
- Rising Stars: Catherine Nkoutche, Micaela Alvarez, Cari August, Devon Winter and Ellen Pietrowitz-Phillips;
- Life Science Leaders: CorePharma LLC, Case Medical and Celularity;
- Innovator of the Year: Sanofi, Intelligent Material Solutions Inc. and MAINGEAR.
Sponsors include: Crowe LLP, Grassi Advisors & Accountants, HealthCare Institute of New Jersey, New Jersey Business & Industry Association, Provident Bank, RSM, Withum, NJ Advance Media and Alan Zakin Associates.