Quality care recognitions, specialty programming and life enrichment enhancements, and prestigious health care accreditations punctuate a year of significant progress at Allendale Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center.
Located at 85 Harreton Road in Allendale, the 299-bed skilled nursing facility provides post-hospital care, short-term rehab and long-term residential care.
“What a difference a year makes,” Ugochi Opara, regional director of market development at Marquis Health Consulting Services, which supports the facility, stated. “Following an ownership change and rebranding in summer 2021, the dedicated teams at Allendale and Marquis have focused on enhancing this facility’s position as the region’s skilled nursing destination of choice.”
Recognized as a Best Nursing Home 2021-22 in the short-stay rehab category by U.S. News & World Report, Allendale recently raised its Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services quality care measures rating to five stars. The Bergen County facility, formerly known as the Allendale Community for Senior Living, is undergoing a multimillion-dollar repositioning. This includes renovations — which are touching every part of the two-story building — and enhancements to the facility’s specialty care programming.
To that end:
- Allendale recently launched a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program, naming board-certified cardiologist and cardiothoracic surgeon Dr. Hamid Nia as its director;
- Earlier this year, Allendale launched a pulmonary rehabilitation specialty under the direction of board-certified pulmonologist Dr. Jason Shatkin, supported by a full-time respiratory therapist on staff;
- Allendale is also boosting physical and mental health through new, tech-centered initiatives such as virtual-reality travel, samba dance fitness, music therapy and more.
“Allendale is collaborating with the region’s top physicians and partners to help seniors live their best lives — with more initiatives to come,” Opara said. “And the renovation work in progress is creating a modern, home-like environment for residents while augmenting the facility’s ability to provide top-level therapy and expanded care options. It’s a comprehensive transformation, and everyone at Allendale and Marquis is incredibly proud of the progress to date.”
Allendale also has earned two prestigious accreditations this year. This includes:
- Nursing Center Accreditation from the Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest standards-setting and accrediting body in health care; and
- The American Heart Association’s new Skilled Nursing Facility Heart Failure Center Certification — earned by less than 1% of skilled nursing facilities nationwide, to date.