This accreditation demonstrates the system’s commitment to using evidence-based criteria when developing high-quality educational activities that promote the professional growth of nurses.
With this accreditation, RWJBarnabas Health joins an influential global community of accredited organizations.
“We are honored to receive this national accreditation for our nursing continuing professional development from the ANCC,” Michelle Dickerson, accredited provider program director and perinatal educator at RWJBarnabas Health, stated.
“We understand how vital nursing professional development is to patient and staff safety, as well as ensuring quality care and engagement among our health care professionals. Our goal as a system is to build knowledge in multiple areas to bolster confidence and competency, which will positively impact nurses, patient care and community health,” Mary Beth Russell, vice president of the Center for Professional Development, Innovation and Research at RWJBarnabas Health, said.
RWJBarnabas received accreditation for demonstrating its commitment to using evidenced-based criteria when developing educational activities that promote the professional growth of nurses.
NCPD accreditation from ANCC elevates educational offerings that benefit RWJBarnabas Health’s nurses, and the patients and communities it serves, by:
- Promoting the highest professional standards to sustain effective strategies that improve professional nursing practice;
- Improving curricula for nurses to provide evidence-based education that strengthen professional development programs;
- Increasing credibility to adhere to evidence-based, global standards that deliver quality, professional education;
- Expanding visibility to be included among other accredited organizations that are listed in a nationwide, searchable directory;
- Increasing demand to offer continuing professional development contact hours that are essential to building professional portfolios, and maintaining certification and accreditation from ANCC and other licensing boards and regulatory bodies.
The ANCC Accreditation Model is based on the original Donabedian framework of structure, process and outcome measures to evaluate quality. The ANCC standards provide organizations with a structured, evidence-based framework to design and implement NCPD activities. The development of quality outcomes ensures that accredited organizations continuously evaluate processes and their impact on the professional development of nurses.